PECB Quality Management System Foundation Course
In our current globalized economy and complex supply chains, John Ruskin’s adage, “Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort” is even more relevant today than it was on the day he said it. Organizations cannot rely on chance and hope to deliver quality products and services; instead, they must establish a consistent and planned approach for managing quality. With over one million certified organizations worldwide, ISO 9001 remains the world’s most well-known standard, which provides organizations with a structured approach for quality management and helps them consistently provide products and services that meet and, where possible, exceed customer requirements.
ISO 9001 Foundations is a two-day training courses which focuses on the concepts of quality and quality management, and provides an overall explanation of ISO 9001 requirements for a quality management system (QMS). In this training course, you will be acquainted with the various aspects of a QMS based on ISO 9001, such as the role of top management, risks and opportunities, quality policy, processes that shape product and service provision activities, requirements for performance evaluation, and the importance of continual improvement.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam. If you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “Certificate Holder in ISO 9001 Foundation” designation. This certificate demonstrates that you have a general knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements for a QMS and enables you to be part of QMS implementation projects.
The ISO 9001 Foundations training course is intended for:
- Managers and consultants seeking to know more about quality management
- Professionals wishing to get acquainted with ISO 9001 requirements for a QMS
- Individuals engaged in or responsible for quality management activities in their organization
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in quality management
Upon successful completion of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the quality management concepts, principles, and definitions
- Explain the main ISO 9001 requirements for a quality management system
- Identify potential actions and approaches that organizations can use to achieve conformity to ISO 9001
The training course is participant centered and contains:
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions
- Interactions between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Quizzes with similar structure to the exam