PECB Laboratory Management System Lead Assessor Course
The term IEC stands for International Electrotechnical Commission which in cooperation with ISO creates the specific system for global standardization. ISO/IEC 17025 is an international standard for testing and calibration laboratories. It was established with the aim of offering quality and improving the processes within laboratories. ISO/IEC 17025 has two key clauses; Management Requirements which are associated with the performance and efficiency of the Quality Management System inside the laboratory, and Technical Requirements which focus on the competencies of employees, testing methodology, equipment, and the test and calibration results.
The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor training enables you to effectively lead a laboratory towards the ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation by enhancing your understanding of the laboratory’s quality, administrative and technical operations. This training course will equip you with the necessary skills and expertise to plan and lead an ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation assessment.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the assessment techniques and become competent to assess the compliance of laboratories with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
After mastering the necessary concepts related to the requirements of this standard, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Assessor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities to assess the competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories to provide reliable results based on best practices.
- Individuals seeking to perform and lead an accreditation assessment of testing and calibration laboratories
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation assessment
- Laboratory technicians responsible for maintaining conformance to ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a testing, sampling and/or calibration laboratory accreditation assessment
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Understand the operations of testing and calibration laboratories based on ISO/IEC 17025
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the assessor’s role in planning, leading, and following-up on assessments and accreditation
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the accreditation assessment of testing and calibration laboratories
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practice tests are similar to the Final Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and comprehensive knowledge of assessment principles and techniques.